This week’s post will exceptionally be made of links only, as I’m on vacation…
- .NET Conf, Material Design in XAML Toolkit
- .NET Architecture: Microservices & Containers, On .NET with Omer Raviv on OzCode, Sprache
- 8 Key Application Performance Metrics & How to Measure Them by Matt Watson.
- Working with “Big Data” in .NET by Ericlaw.
- Hands on with Visual Studio for Mac – Part 2 by Craig Dunn.
- Announcing .NET Summer Hackfest 2017 by Jon Galloway.
- Special Folder Enum Values on Windows and Mac in .Net Core by John Koerner.
- A First Foray into Alexa Skills Using AWS Lambda’s with C# by Michael James.
- LessThanDot by Eli Weinstock-Herman.
- .NET Core solution management via the command line interface by Joseph Woodward.
- Memory Usage Inside the CLR by Matt Warren.
- When you use the Polly circuit-breaker, make sure you share your Policy instances! by Andrew Lock.
- Virtual Panel: High Performance Application in .NET by Pierre-Luc Maheu.
- Revisiting Script Injection in ASP.NET by Dino Esposito.
- Preventing Cross-Site WebSocket Hijacking in ASP.NET Core by Tomasz Pęczek.
- Keeping Secrets in ASP.NET Core by Rui Figueiredo.
- ASP.NET Core 2: New single page application templates by Gunnar Peipman.
- ASP.NET Core 2.0 Configuration Changes by Joonas Westlin.
- Orchestrate fail over of Web Applications in Azure VMs to a DR Site using ASR by Srikantan.
- ASP.NET Core MVC JSON Output in camelCase or PascalCase by Derek Comartin.
- ASP.NET Core MVC – Caching Tag Helpers by Ibrahim Šuta.
- ASP.NET Core in docker with GitLab Pipelines by Michal Dymel.
- Building Web Apps With ASP.NET Core And DotVVM by Tomas Herceg.
- ASP.NET Core 2.0.0-beta on a Raspberry Pi 3 by Tim Theeuwes.
- NLog.Web.AspNetCore – make sure you add error message for logging exception by TPodolak.
- Program.cs in ASP.NET Core 2.0 by Shawn Wildermuth.
- ASP.NET Core 2 + VS2017 + Angular-CLI? by Shawn Wildermuth.
- ASP.NET Core Demystified – Routing in MVC by Matthew Jones.
- Localising the DisplayAttribute in ASP.NET Core 1.1 by Andrew Lock.
- Custom Inspection Patterns in Resharper by Bevan Arps.
- Practical C# – Expression Bodied Members in C# 7 by Andrea Angella.
- Practical C# – Null Conditional Operator by Andrea Angella.
- Local functions in C# 7.0 by Gunnar Peipman.
- Pooling large arrays with ArrayPool by Adam Sitnik.
- ref returns and ref locals by Adam Sitnik.
- Value Types vs Reference Types by Adam Sitnik.
- Dispelling the magic! The layers and pieces of Cake by Mattias Karlsson.
- The resurgence of functional programming by Ahmad.
- Scaling Serverless F# with Azure Functions – NDC by Mathias Brandewinder.
- F# for C# Programmers – NDC by Scott Wlaschin.
- Using F# on Azure Functions in Production – NDC by Nikolai Andersen.
- Exploring data with F# type providers by Lee Stott.
- Four easy steps for installing F# on Ubuntu Linux by Edgar Sánchez.
- Why Idiomatic F# APIs are Good by Vasily Kirichenko.
- Pure times in F# by Mark Seemann.
- The Parallel Functional Pipeline Pattern by Riccardo Terrell.
There is more content available this week in F# Weekly. If you want to see more F# awesomeness, please check it out!
- Snack Pack 15: Upgrading to Xamarin.Forms to .NET Standard by The Xamarin Show.
- Now is a good time to move to Mobile Center by Jan Tourlamain.
- Set Up Android Device for Xamarin Android Development by Asfend Yar.
- Xamarin.Tip – PCL Profile Problems by Alex Dunn.
- Troubleshooting the default install of Xamarin with Visual Studio 2017 and Windows 10 Creators Update by Jeremy Lindsay.
- Xamarin Forms, the MVVMLight Toolkit and I: showing dialog messages by Marco Siccardi.
- Beta Release: 15.3 Preview 3 by Bri Brothers.
- Pre-release: Xamarin.Forms 126.96.36.1996-pre6 by David Ortinau.
- Learning Xamarin.Forms – Part 1 – Overview by Jesse Liberty.
- Moving Plugins for Xamarin to .NET Standard by James Montemagno.
- Xamarin.Forms: Microsoft Advertising SDK in UWP by James Montemagno.
- Badge icon notification in Xamarin.Forms ToolbarItems on iOS by Marek Mierzwa.
- Automated Xamarin UI Tests using Test Recorder in a local Android device by Sebastián Cabrera Porta.
- Using Multiple Storyboards in Xcode IB and Xamarin by Colby Williams.
- Implementing value converters with IValueConverter for Xamarin.Forms by Gerald Versluis.
- Last Chance to Catch Xamarin Dev Days! by Jayme Singleton.
- Xamarin Events Happening in July by Jayme Singleton.
- “Xamarin University Presents” Webinar Recordings by Mark Smith.
- Passing Data on Navigation in Xamarin Forms by Adam Pedley.
- Xamarin and Artificial Intelligence by Adam Pedley.
- Running out of space using Xamarin by Charlin Agramonte.
- Raw Input with Azure Functions HTTP Triggers by Scott Banwart.
- Walkthrough of Azure Cosmos DB Graph (Gremlin) by Tsuyoshi Matsuzaki.
- Azure via C# – Working with Azure Files in C# by Andrea Angella.
- Thoughts on Azure Functions and Serverless Computing by K. Scott Allen.
- An ASP.NET Core web API with Azure AD B2C by Danny Strockis.
- Azure AD B2C: Call a .NET web API from a .NET web app by Danny Strockis.
- Build a multi-tenant SaaS web application that calls a web API using Azure AD by Jean-Marc Prieur.
- Integrating a web app with Azure AD using WS-Federation by Jean-Marc Prieur.
- HoloLens helper class to get a position dead ahead of the user on a physical object or at a max distance by Joost van Schaik.
- Building a floating HoloLens ‘info screen’ – 1: making the Unity assets by Joost van Schaik.
- Debouncing and Throttling Dispatcher Events by Rick Strahl.
- Announcing UWP Community Toolkit 1.5 by Nikola Metulev.
- Command-Line Activation of Universal Windows Apps by Andrew Whitechapel.
- Calling WinRT Components from a Win32 process via the Desktop Bridge by Adam Braden.
- Entity Framework Core: Soft Delete using Query Filters by Gérald Barré.
And this is it for this week!
Contribute to the week in .NET
As always, this weekly post couldn’t exist without community contributions, and I’d like to thank all those who sent links and tips. The F# section is provided by Phillip Carter, the gaming section by Stacey Haffner, the Xamarin section by Dan Rigby, and the Azure and UWP section by Michael Crump.
You can participate too. Did you write a great blog post, or just read one? Do you want everyone to know about an amazing new contribution or a useful library? Did you make or play a great game built on .NET?
We’d love to hear from you, and feature your contributions on future posts. Please add your posts, it takes only a second.
We pick the articles based on the following criteria: the posts must be about .NET, they must have been published this week, and they must be original contents. Publication in Week in .NET is not an endorsement from Microsoft or the authors of this post.