- .NET Architecture: Microservices & Containers, On .NET with Omer Raviv on OzCode, Sprache
- On .NET with Mattias Karlsson on Cake, Topshelf
- On .NET with Brett Morrison, DateTime Extensions
.NET Conf, September 19-21. Call for Content is Open!
.NET Conf is a free, 3 day virtual developer event co-organized by the .NET community and Microsoft. Over the course of the three days developers have a wide selection of live sessions that feature speakers from the community and .NET product teams. These are the experts in their field and it is a chance to learn, ask questions live, and get inspired for their next software project.
Call for content is now open! Learn more about how you can present to the .NET community.
Package of the week: Material Design In XAML Toolkit
The Material Design In XAML Toolkit theme and control library implements Google’s Material Design language in XAML, for all major WPF Framework controls. It also adds new controls to support controls specific to Material Design, such as multi-action buttons and cards.
Meetup of the week: Decomposing a monolith into Microservices with the Open Web Interface for .NET in New York, NY
How do you build a microservice? What technologies does the .NET realm offer for us? And what if you don’t want to deploy each service independently? In this talk, Dennis Doomen will show you some of the pros and cons of microservices and how you can leverage OWIN and .NET to move your monolith into a bright new future.
- Multi-Targeting and Porting a .NET Library to .NET Core 2.0 by Rick Strahl.
- Measuring your code’s performance during development with BenchmarkDotNet – Part #1: Getting started by Jeremy Lindsay.
- Measuring your code’s performance during development with BenchmarkDotNet – Part #2: methods with parameters by Jeremy Lindsay.
- Hands on with Visual Studio for Mac by Craig Dunn.
- Parallel state in AWS Step Functions using .Net Core by Vicenç García Altés.
- AWS Step Functions using .Net Core by Vicenç García Altés.
- Mocking in .NET Core Tests with Moq by Jason Roberts.
- Supporting .NET Standard and .NET 3.5 by Mark Heath.
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 1: Unit Testing Bot Framework application by Kenichiro Nakamura.
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 2: Get your appointment from Microsoft Graph and OAuth 2.0 with AuthBot by Kenichiro Nakamura.
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 3: Unit Testing with Moq, AutoFac and Fakes by Kenichiro Nakamura.
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 4: Continuous Integration – Build Definition by Kenichiro Nakamura.
- Create Bot for Microsoft Graph with DevOps 5: Function Test by Kenichiro Nakamura.
- Installing .Net Core 2 on a Raspberry Pi by Guy, Robot.
- Creating Custom Tag Helper Components with Jass Bagga by Jass Bagga & Maria Naggaga.
- Cookie authentication in ASP.NET Core 2 without ASP.NET Identity by Gérald Barré.
- Docker Blog Series Part 2 – Build & Deploy ASP.NET Core based Docker Container on Service Fabric by Monu Bambroo.
- Claims augmentation with OWIN but outside of Startup code by SailingRock.
- IStartup vs IHostingStartup by Hisham Bin Ateya.
- Four ways to dispose IDisposables in ASP.NET Core by Andrew Lock.
- Testing ASP.NET Core MVC Controllers: Getting Started by Jason Roberts.
- ASP.NET vs ASP.NET Core by Thien Nguyen.
- ASP.NET Core (.csproj) Embedded Resources by Derek Comartin.
- A Note on Owin Hosted Services by Dr. Song Li.
- Angular CLI With .NET Core by Dustin Ewers.
- Visual Studio 2017 and Swagger: Building and Documenting Web APIs by Dennes Torres.
- Docker for .NET Developers (Part 5) Exploring ASP.NET Runtime Docker Images by Steve Gordon.
- Using IActionConstraints in ASP.NET Core MVC by Filip W.
- WebSocket subprotocol negotiation in ASP.NET Core by Tomasz Pęczek.
- Understanding & Profiling C# Async Await Tasks by Matt Watson.
- Abolishing Switch-Case Statement and Pattern Matching in C# 7.0 by rubikscode.
- Getting started with Fable by Alfonso Garcia-Caro.
- Writing Concurrent Programs Using F# Mailbox Processors by Rachel Reese.
- Literate programming in F-Sharp using org-mode by Jürgen Hötzel.
- F# Fake.Build for Dependable Build Process by Has AlTaiar.
- F# on Azure Functions by Channel 9 with Nikolai Andersen.
- Exploring data and API’s with F# type providers by Jo Van Eyck.
There is more content available this week in F# Weekly. If you want to see more F# awesomeness, please check it out!
- Snack Pack 13: Source Control in Visual Studio for Mac by The Xamarin Show.
- MFractor – A ReSharper for Xamarin.Forms(!?!) by Matthew Soucoup.
- Things I Think Are Cool: Realm by Matthew Soucoup.
- Xamarin Beta Release: 15.3 Preview 2 by Bri Brothers.
- Embeddinator-4000 0.2 by Bri Brothers.
- Track Your Fitness with a Fitbit and Xamarin by Wallace McClure.
- Why Xamarin.Forms Embedding Matters by James Montemagno.
- Yet Another Podcast #172 – James Montemagno on Embedding by Jesse Liberty.
- Building Xamarin.Forms Apps with .NET Standard by Pierce Boggan.
- Easy iOS App Provisioning with Fastlane and Visual Studio for Mac by Pierce Boggan.
- Minnesota Twins Hits a Home Run with Cloud-Powered Scouting Apps by Lacey Butler.
- Add Push Notifications to iOS Apps with Azure Notification Hubs by Adam Hartley.
- Xamarin.Tip – Fixing the VS for Mac Xamarin.Forms Template Android Issues by Alex Dunn.
- Xamarin.Basics – Ad Hoc iOS Builds, Part 1: Certificates and Profiles by Alex Dunn.
- MasterDetailPage Navigation Menu in Xamarin Forms by Adam Pedley.
- Lottie Animations Step by Step in Xamarin Forms by Charlin Agramonte.
- Step by step: .NET Core and Azure Cosmos DB by Carlos Mendible.
- Create and manage Windows VMs in Azure using C# by Docs Team.
- Creating A Function App And Integrating With Azure Logic Apps by Vidyadharran G.
- Azure via C# – Creating Azure Tables in C# by Andrea Angella.
- Calling the Azure AD Graph API in a web application by Jean-Marc Prieur.
- Sample – Customer Reviews App with Cognitive Services (Azure Functions tools for Visual Studio 2017) by Thiago Almeida.
- ASP.NET Core with Entity Framework Core SqlException: cannot openserver by Benjamin Perkins.
- Building recommendation engine for .NET applications using Azure Machine Learning by Ankit Asthana.
- Sweet UI made possible and easy with Windows.UI and the Windows 10 Creators Update by Windows UI Team.
- Windows Template Studio 1.1 released! by Clint Rutkas.
- Smooth as Butter Animations in the Visual Layer with the Windows 10 Creators Update by Windows UI Team.
- Make It Easier for the DBA: Give SQL Connections the Application’s Name! by Ben Gribaudo.
- Entity Framework Core: Naming Convention by Gérald Barré.
- Mapping Complex Types to/from the DB with PetaPoco by Eli Weinstock-Herman.
- Getting Started with Duality – Part 2 by Stacey Haffner.
- Toggle Vive’s front facing camera and “Tron Mode” at run time by Dioselin Gonzalez.
- TDD in Unity – Heart Based Health System – Part 1 by Infallible Code.
- Sharing Code with a PCL in MonoGame by Neil McAlister.
- Hex Map 18 – Units by Catlike Coding.
- Souls-like Part 2 Third Person Controller – Unity Tutorial (Advanced) by C Sharp Accent Tutorials.
- [Unity 5.6] Tutorial: How to create a Maze Generator – part 2 by Gamad.
And this is it for this week!
Contribute to the week in .NET
As always, this weekly post couldn’t exist without community contributions, and I’d like to thank all those who sent links and tips. The F# section is provided by Phillip Carter, the gaming section by Stacey Haffner, the Xamarin section by Dan Rigby, and the Azure and UWP section by Michael Crump.
You can participate too. Did you write a great blog post, or just read one? Do you want everyone to know about an amazing new contribution or a useful library? Did you make or play a great game built on .NET?
We’d love to hear from you, and feature your contributions on future posts. Please add your posts, it takes only a second.
We pick the articles based on the following criteria: the posts must be about .NET, they must have been published this week, and they must be original contents. Publication in Week in .NET is not an endorsement from Microsoft or the authors of this post.