We are releasing ASP.NET Identity 2.2.1. The main focus in this release was to fix issues reported in 2.2.0 release.
Download this release
You can download ASP.NET Identity from the NuGet gallery. You can install or update these packages using the NuGet Package Manager Console, like this:
Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework –Version 2.2.1
Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.Core -Version 2.2.1
Install-Package Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.OWIN -Version 2.2.1
What’s in this release?
The following issues from CodePlex were fixed in this release:
- 2.2.1 on NuGet?
- PasswordSignInAsync database access
- RemoveClaimAsync throws System.InvalidOperationException when removing claims for another user
- RemoveClaimAsync throws System.InvalidOperationException
- Custom UserStore
- GetClaimsAsync() invoked on every request after identity was regenerated
- We have lots of samples for Identity at https://aspnet.codeplex.com. Please look for the Identity folder in the source. https://aspnet.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest
- For documentation on ASP.NET Identity please visit http://www.asp.net/identity.
- Improve performance by optimizing queries for ASP.NET Identity and other Membership Providers
- Account Confirmation and password recovery
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Migrating from Membership to Identity
- ASP.NET Identity Recommended resources
Migrating from ASP.NET Identity 2.2.0
This is a compatible release with 2.2.0 and there are no database schema changes with this release.
Give feedback and get support
- If you find a bug in ASP.NET Identity 2.2.1, please open them at our Codeplex site https://aspnetidentity.codeplex.com/
- If you have questions, please ask them on Stack Overflow and use the following tag “asp.net-identity”
The source code for ASP.NET Identity 2.x and earlier is available on aspnetidentity.codeplex.com.
ASP.NET Identity 3.0 is part of the ASP.NET 5 organization on GitHub.