Unfortunately after installing ASP.NET and Web Tools Preview Refresh for Visual Studio 2013 Preview, creating SPA VB template will fail.
This post describes how to fix this issue.
Option 1: Fix script
I authored these two scripts (one for x86 and x64) to fix the issue.
- Please ensure your execution policy is correct. (Run command: Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned)
- Please run the script under Administration Privilege
Option 2: Manually fix
If for some reason you can’t run the scripts, you can fix the issue by altering template files.
- Find your WebTemplates folder. It is usually at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\WebTemplates
- Go to WebTemplates\MVC\VisualBasic
- If you’re using English version of VS, go to folder 1033. Otherwise you will see a number-named folder older than 1033, go to it.
- Move following files:
From To Spav5.0\Content\VB\*.css Spav5.0\Content\ Spav5.0\Scripts\app\VB\*.js Spav5.0\Scripts\app\ Spav5.0\Scripts\VB\*.js Spav5.0\Scripts\ Spav5.0\Views\VB\web.config Spav5.0\Views\ Spav5.0\VB\web.config Spav5.0\
- Then edit Spav5.0\spa.vbhtml.vstemplate. Remove all occurrences of “VB\”