A quick announcement — an updated version of the Microsoft Silverlight 1.1 Tools Alpha for Visual Studio 2008 that works with the released version of Visual Studio 2008 is now available!
This release provides the same features as the Silverlight Tools Alpha add-on which was previously available for Visual Studio 2008 Beta2.
To re-cap here is a quick summary of functionality in this add-on release:
- VB and C# project templates for Silverlight 1.1 development
- XAML markup editing with colorization and intellisense
- Intellisense against XAML elements in VB and C# code-behind files
- Consumption of Silverlight 1.1 components inside Web Application and Website projects
- Ability to create Web Services references in a VB and C# Silverlight component
- Project compatibility with Expression Blend to enable developers and designers to collaborate on Silverlight projects
For help getting started using this add-on, check out the Silverlight 1.1 Quickstarts.
— Visual Web Developer Team