SILVERLIGHT 4.0 RC and Silverlight for Windows Phone 7.0
· Microsoft delivers the premier mobile application development experience.
– Today, with the combination of Windows Phone 7 Series, Silverlight, the XNA Framework, Visual Studio, Expression Blend and Windows Phone Marketplace, developers have the richest, most productive development tools and platform for creating and deploying high performance, compelling mobile applications.
– Microsoft offers a familiar and flexible development experience for mobile applications with Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone and Expression Blend for Windows Phone.
– The Windows Phone Marketplace offers developers a low-cost, easy, transparent and predictable way to publish, distribute and monetize their applications.
· One Silverlight, many opportunities to deliver the best experiences with the highest quality.
– Silverlight developers can use their existing skills to create amazing consumer and enterprise experiences that run across many and varied devices.
– Developers can write once, optimize everywhere to deliver engaging, high-quality experiences through all major browsers on Mac, Windows, and Linux client operating systems as well as a growing range of devices including Windows Phone, Symbian and Moblin.
– A growing list of companies have chosen Silverlight to deliver high-quality experiences including Major League Soccer; eBay; CT Corporation, a Wolters Kluwer Company; Netflix; Associated Press; H&R Block and NBCOlympics.com.
Download the Silverlight 4 RC today.
Silverlight 4.0 Tools for Visual Studio:
– Silverlight 4 offers compelling features such as beyond-the-browser extensions, webcam and microphone, native multicast support and a full suite of enterprise development capabilities including enhanced printing, networking, reporting and charting, as well as integration with Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Visual Studio 2010.
o Download Expression Blend 4 beta today.
– Expression Blend 4 beta expands on revolutionary design and development workflow, through adding support for Silverlight 4, .NET Framework 4 and Visual Studio 2010, and groundbreaking new features like Path Layout, animated pixel and transition effects, and Model View Model support.
Silverlight for Windows Phone 7.0 (Windows Phone Developer Tools CTP ):
o Download the free Windows Phone Developer Tools CTP today, including Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone.
– Developers already working with Visual Studio can download the free Windows Phone 7 Add-in for Visual Studio today.
– Developers can fully test their applications without the need for a physical device by downloading the free Windows Phone 7 Emulator, also available for download today.
Download – Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone 7.0
– Expression Blend for Windows Phone will be available in the weeks ahead.