So, I’ve just been attending MIX09 keynote (ScottGu, etc.), and… as you’ll discover, Silverlight 3.0 rocks!!! 🙂
Here you have some of what we’re disclosing today about SL3.0:
- SILVERLIGHT 3.0
- MEDIA & GRAPHICS
- GPU hardware acceleration!!
- Opt-in feature per element
- Codecs (H.264/AAC/MP4, VC1, etc.)
- Perspective 3D
- Bitmap & pixel API
- Pixel Shader effects!!
- Deep Zoom improvements
- App. Development
- Deep linking, navigation and SEA
- Improved text quality
- Multi-touch support
- 100+ controls available
- Library caching support (reference to libs & cached so no need to download it again)
- DEMO: ROLLING STONE COVER TO COVER
- Data-binding improvements
- Validation error templates
- Server data push improvements
- Binary XML networking support
- Multi-Tier REST data support
- Entity Framework context in SL client side
- SAP NetWeaver Support bsed on Silverlight
- ‘OUT OF BROWSER CAPABILITIES’ – WINDOW & OFF-LINE mode
- No browser needed!…
- Also for MAC!
- Safe, secure, sandboxed environment
- Built-in auto-update support
- Build offline-aware applications
- Integrated with underlying operating system
- DEMO: KEXP 90.3 FM – SEATTLE KEXP.ORG
- LOCAL MESSAGING
- Download experience! : 40k smaller than Silverlight 2!!!
- Available today:
- Silverlight 3 Beta
- Expression Blend 3 Preview
- Silvelright 3 Tools for VS.2008
- IIS Media Services (Smooth Streaming, etc.)
- IIS MEDIA SERVICES (Launched today, as well)
- Smooth streaming (Silverlight <—> IIS 7.0 & Smooth Streaming)
- Edge caching
- Web playlist
- Bit-rate throttling
- Advanced logging
- AKAMAI integration
- DEMO: NBC OLIMPICS — VANCOUVER 2010 CANADA will use it! 🙂
- HD 720 – All content
– Cross plug-in Silverlight communication
○ Multiple plugins on the same page
○ Multiple plugins on different brwoser tabs
○ Multiple plugins on different browsers
○ DEMO: Balls going from one browser to the other. 🙂
Also, about the new EXPRESSION BLEND, some new features:
- EXPRESSION BLEND 3
- BLEND PLAYER FOR MAC!! 🙂
- For customers/designers so they can review and approve designs in a MAC
- Feedback Window for every screen, etc.
- Notes, save it and send it to the designer!.
- Export to Microsoft Word – Design Document with all the notes, etc.
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator import
- Directly open .PSD files from BLEND.
- Yo can modify all Photoshop layers changing images to XAMEL elements and dynamics data & Data binding. 🙂
- Designing with data
- Source code control —> TEAM FOUNDATION integration.
- XAML, C# and VB code intellisense in Expression Blend 3.0.