How to change the logo image in Dynamics CRM 4.0 Titan

This is an easy one!, but in any case, it is quite useful if you do not know how to find it. 🙂

So, the default logo image is the following:

masthead

1.-
The image file is located in the following place:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\_imgs\masthead.jpg
You could copy another image with the same name within that folder.

2.-
Also, you could change the .CSS definition, which is a TD, within:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\_common\styles\global-dynamic-styles.css.aspx

The TD name is:
TD.ms-crm-MastHead-Logo
Then, you could change the name of the image’s file within this TD definition. (in case you want to use a different image file).

Of course, I warn you that anything you change within CRM files could be re-applied when installing service-packs, etc., so be careful with this kind of changes…

Because of this, it is a clear unsupported stuff, even though it is a very simple customization.

I’m quite sure we’ll have it as a regular customization in future versions.

So!, It is a little hidden, but, quite easy, of course. 🙂

1. cutieegurl says:

Hi I do have the same issue, the left side of the banner was change but the right side of the banner is still blue. Do you have any advise on this? Thank you. =)

2. cutieegurl says:

3. jitender says:

i  have replaced the image in the same folder after modifying the original one….but its not changed when i open the ms crm….?please help with that

4. Reece says:

As was mine navycow. C:Inetpubwwwroot_imgsmasthead.jpg probably when you host the CRM deployment on Domain controllers? Makes no difference anyway

5. ysn says:

Hello again,

I have solved the problem. It was about the security roles of the user.

But now I have another problem. We can change the image but the right side of the banner is stable. It is still Blue.

How can I modify this?

Thank You.

6. ysn says:

Hello Cesar,

Thank you for explanation. But I have a problem with this image.

I have changed the file with a new file with the same name and same size. But there won’t be any change. Then I put the original image again.

Now I can’t see the original image either.

Do you have any idea?

Thank You.

7. navycow says:

Just an FYI, for some reason our file was located in C:Inetpubwwwroot_imgsmasthead.jpg

8. cmeprotech@hotmail.com says:

Cesar,

This is great!  It’s these easy customization options that facilitate user adoption.  Good stuff!

-Christian