On Saturday, we released an updated version of Team System Web Access. You will find the download here:
I wrote an extensive post about it with screenshots a few months ago so I won’t repeat it. The changes since then have been:
- Inclusion of the localized releases. There are 10 supported languages, including: CHS, CHT, DEU, ENU, ESN, FRA, ITA, JPN, KOR, RUS
- Support for having a single TSWA install support multiple languages. It will detect the AcceptLanguage browser header and use it for strings it presents in the user interface. Now you don’t have to choose which language to support (or set up multiple servers).
- Some bug fixes
To summarize… The new features in this TSWA release include:
- Work item only view for users without a client access license. [Previously known as Work Item Web Access (WIWA) feature]
- Run a single instance with multiple languages (*)
- Create work items with initial values by using a URL.
- Share ad-hoc work item queries by using a URL.
- Find and view Shelvesets – great for code reviews.
- Improved work item search syntax.
Enjoy and let me know what you think.