Over the weekend we released the final set of TFS 2008 test patches for Beta 2 (see below for links). As I described in an earlier post, these patches fix real bugs but are primarily to allow us to test our servicing process and make sure that by the time TFS 2008 ships we are able to quickly release reliable patches with a good installation/uninstallation experience. If you have TFS 2008 installed, please try out these patches and let us know whether or not they work right away. You don’t need to uninstall the previous round of patches if you’ve already installed them. There isn’t that much time left to fix any issues that are found.
This new wave of patches include numerous improvements to the patching infrastructure, including:
- Add/Remove Programs entries and the ability to uninstall from there
- Install UI that provides feedback on the installed products that are targeted by the patch
- Dr. Watson support
- Multi-language support. These patches target ENU, JPN and DEU
- Automatic install logging to the temp folder
If you find any errors while installing these patches, please send us the log file from the %temp% folder and the error message.
This release contains 4 new patches:
ROLLUP FIX: Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 Fixes
This rollup patch contains six (6) previously released updates for the Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 products.
The previously released updates are:
Team Foundation Server
- KB941952 – Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 – Version Control Branch/Merge operations have unexpected behavior
- KB942080 – Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 – Deleting and re-adding Team Foundation Server global groups with the same name without closing the global groups dialog does not actually delete the original group
Team Explorer Client
- KB942039 – FIX: Visual Studio 2008 Team Explorer Beta 2 – Incorrect folder handling for Web Projects
- KB942072 – Visual Studio 2008 Team Explorer Beta 2 – Incorrect prompt to save during WPF builds
- KB942048 – Visual Studio 2008 Team Explorer Beta 2 – Web Projects no longer appear in Version Control and Annotating a file under source control hangs Visual Studio
Team Build Server
- KB942082 – Visual Studio 2008 Team Build Beta 2 – Builds fail after renaming the build definition
FIX:Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 – Work Item changes are not migrated into the Warehouse
Reports do not reflect changes to Work Items
This issue is the result of a bug that causes the Work Item warehouse converter to think that the warehouse is up to date and Work Item changes are not migrated to the Warehouse.
FIX:Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 – Project Creation and Reports Fail with “registry key is not set” error
Using the Project Creation Wizard and viewing TFS reports fail with a “registry key is not set” error message
This error occurs on WSS 2.0 configurations due to an ASPX page that is looking for the wrong registry key.
FIX: Visual Studio 2008 Team Explorer Beta 2 – ESC key closes Work Item query window
The ESC key closes the Work Item Query window.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you…