Compared to our VSTS 2005 release, the 2008 release is a fairly modest release. Mostly it’s filling gaps in the offering and adding in a few nice new features. However, I think the improvements we’ve made in testing are are under appreciated. IMHO, we really did some great work to improve testing. These include major advancements like:
- AJAX support in Web Tests
- Major performance improvements in unit testing
- Profiler support for load testing
- Better databinding support for test data
- Big improvements in load test results visualization
- and much more!
Ed has done a great blog post that indexes many detailed blog posts on the new testing features. I encourage everyone to check it out and learn about all of the great stuff!