I’ve been promising it for a while now and I appologize that it took so long. I won’t regale you with all of the excuses. However, it is now available for download here.
To refresh your memory… This component will allow users of VS6 (VB6, VC6, etc) and almost any other IDE (there are like 50 or so) that supports the Microsoft Source Code Control Interface (MSSCCI) to use Team Foundation Server directly from within the IDE. Footnotes abound:
- Unfortunately it does not yet support VS2003 or VS2002. We are working to add support for those now and expect to have them available when the Team Foundation Release Candidate ships.
- The plugin available now only works with TFS Beta3 and Beta3 refresh. Don’t bother trying to use it with Beta2 or the Dec CTP.
- This plugin is Beta only and is not included in the TFS “Go-live” program. If you use it, your only avenue to support is through the TFS newsgroups – and we will be available there to help you out if you have problems.
- The functionality of the plugin is not 100% finished. Most of it is there but some TFS functionality (like checkin policies) is not yet exposed.
- If you try it out, please let us know how it goes. Post something on the TFS forums, comment on this blog post, enter bugs in the MSDN Feedback Center or send me mail – any way that works for you.
Thanks for your patience and we hope you find it useful,