Final Update: Thursday, October 11th 2018 14:06 UTC
We’ve confirmed that all systems are back to normal as of 13:40 UTC. Our logs show the incident started on 12:10 UTC and that during the 1 hour and 30 minutes that it took to resolve the issue. 7.5% of customers experienced performance degradation and outages across all regions. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Root Cause: The failure was due to reliability issues on our main authentication service
- Chance of Re-occurrence: High
- Lessons Learned: We are working both minimizing resource-intensive activities in our post-deployment steps, and are also working targeting monitors specifically to detect post-deployment issues in the future.
- Incident Timeline: 1 hour & 30 minutes – 12:10 UTC through 13:40
Initial notification: Thursday, October 11th 2018 12:47 UTC
- We're investigating user impact in the Azure DevOps service, users may be experiencing performance issues or outages
- Preliminary investigation shows reliability issues on our main authentication service
- At this time, according to telemetry, impact is reducing over time
Next Update: Before Thursday, October 11th 2018 13:20 UTC