Final Update: Wednesday, September 26th 2018 14:59 UTC
We’ve confirmed that all systems are back to normal as of 26 September 14:08 UTC. Our logs show the incident started on 26 September 13:45 UTC and that during the 23 minutes that it took to resolve the issue. 0.3% of customers experienced Azure Boards slowness, primarily when attempting to get a Work Item, in Central US. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Root Cause: The failure was due to blocking in a single database in Central US.
- Chance of Re-occurrence: Low - We are investigating what the trigger was for the blocking, but was potentially a deployment.
- Lessons Learned: We will work on identifying and mitigating blocking faster in the future.
- Incident Timeline: 23 minutes – 26 September 13:45 UTC through 26 September 14:08 UTC.
Initial notification: Wednesday, September 26th 2018 14:16 UTC
We're investigating slowness using Azure Boards in Central US. We are triaging the issue and will provide more information as it becomes available.
- Initial investigation points to an issue which is impacting a single database
- Users may see general slowness when interacting with Azure Boards
- Next Update: Before Wednesday, September 26th 2018 14:50 UTC