We’re hosting a one day, free technical event in Redmond on May 18, 2012 intended for developers who want to write Metro apps for Windows 8 with C++.
Location: Redmond WA, Microsoft campus, bldg 92.
Date: May 18th, 2012
Time: 9 AM to 5 PM for sessions, Q&A and a small social event afterwards.
Speakers: We will update the list of speakers early next week, we are still negotiating session times & speakers to cram as much as we can into a single day. Rest assured most of them are from the product team and yes, Herb Sutter will do the opening keynote and the first session.
Meals: We will have some light breakfast, lunch, snacks and appetizers + drinks at the end of the day.
If you are a new C++ developer wanting to learn about the writing Metro style apps, an intermediate developer looking to reuse their C++ code and skills, or an experienced C++ developer looking to squeeze every ounce of performance out of your Metro style app, this event is for you. We will have pragmatic advice for every developer writing Metro style apps and games with XAML or DirectX and C++
Register for the event here!
- C++ for Windows 8, Keynote by Herb Sutter
- Building Windows 8 apps with XAML and C++
- Building Windows 8 games with DirectX and C++
- Introduction to the Windows Runtime Library (WRL)
- Writing Connected apps: Writing networking code with C++
- Combining XAML & Direct X in a Metro style apps
- Writing WinRT components to be consumed from any language
- VC11 compiler flags for getting the most out of C++
Please spread the word.