· How long have you been using VB?
Since 1998 (VB6), its the first language I learnt. I took a free ‘learn VB in 24 hours’ course online during my free time in highschool
· What industry do you work in?
I’m a software engineer/Applied Mathematician in the relocation industry
· How big is your development team?
There are 6 of us, we’re all VBs!
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
We do a lot of ASP.NET Web Apps
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I coded a custom rules engine using WF with VB, fantastic stuff!
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I’m working on pattern classification and feature extraction/selection for real time (learning i.e. user aided) classification with a high degree of accuracy
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
C#, WF, TSQL, SQL CLR, ASP.NET, VS08
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
I love how not intimidating the language structure is – coming back to code I haven’t seen in months takes minutes to get back into because its so easily readable! I love CLR!
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Its very easy to get up and going in VB as compared to other languages without compromising the ability to perform complex technical tasks.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.