· How long have you been using VB?
My first language was VB6 in 2001 and working on VB.NET since it’s first release
· What industry do you work in?
Software development and consulting
· How big is your development team?
A small team of 4 developers
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Window Applications, ASP.NET Applications, WCF & Web Services, Window Services
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
It’s hard to name one most interesting. But my favourite application has been Network Surveillance software to monitor cameras at various geographical location with pan, tilt and zoom features.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I am currently working on e-commerce application with some modules in silverlight.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
T-SQL & Integration Service in SQL Server, VC++ and most importantly WPF with VB.NET
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
XML Literals & Snippet are awesome. LINQ is also a great feature.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It’s simplicity, readability and great RAD capabilities. I can’t find a better programing language like this
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.