· How long have you been using VB?
I’ve been using VB for about 4 years now. I used VB since VB6. Now I use VB9 for my current project.
· What industry do you work in?
Academic, I am working as lecturer. I also developed several projects for the Academic Information System.
· How big is your development team?
2-3 people, including me.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Academic Information System, Accounting, etc.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
All applications that I created by using VB is very interesting and impressive 🙂
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I’m developing applications for the Academic Information System for the Faculty of Medicine.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server, and ORM Frameworks like Subsonic and LINQ to SQL.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
All the new features in VB9: XML Literals, LINQ, Lambda Expressions, and the new Implicit Line Continuations from VB10. 🙂
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It’s simple and easy. I think VB + Visual Studio is the best combination for RAD and Productivity.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!