· How long have you been using VB?
For the past 6 Years.
· What industry do you work in?
Software Development and Training.
· How big is your development team?
I am a Freelance Developer. I develop projects on my own.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Business Automation Applications like Billing Systems, Employee Management Systems, Examination Systems, etc.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I have developed many applications, but the best one was an MP3 player in WPF using VB.NET. It’s a simple application but I enjoyed developing it.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Currently I am developing a General Organizer which will organize users’ everyday tasks. It will have a TODO task List, Birthday Reminders, Insurance Policy Premium Reminders, etc.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
I also develop Web Applications using C#.NET and ASP.NET, and have just started using Silverlight.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
I have been using VB.NET for many years now. I just love VB.NET because of its simplicity. The Optional Parameters and Parameterized Properties are just a few features that I enjoy while programming.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It’s not Case Sensitive. It automatically handles Type Casting. There are many more things that I like about VB.Net.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!