· How long have you been using VB?
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Mostly retail applications
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I’ve written a program which creates map cycles for Source based game servers. The program also generated meshes and node points for AI if none exist for that map.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I’m currently working on a framework library that is open ended, supports custom plugins, makes use of multi-threading and uses SSLv3 over HTTP for database interfacing via a PHP backend.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
LINQ, PHP, C# and heavy use of the .NET Framework libraries.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Stacktracing, Realtime Debugging via Edit and Continue, Locals and Performance Analysis.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
The massively complex programs you can create without writing intense, complex code.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!