· How long have you been using VB?
Geez… I’ve been using Visual Basic ever since VB for DOS 1.0. It has been a long while.
· What industry do you work in?
Currently I’m working in an educational company.
· How big is your development team?
My development team has 9 people. A project manager, a solution architect (me), four VB developers, and three testers.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
I’d say office automation applications.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
The next one.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Currently we’re rebuilding our online presence on the web. Building WCF services to provide backend for our web portal.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
Besides VB and SQL Databases? Well, I’d say Flash.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Nowadays? Lambda functions. Hands down.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Ease of use is on top of my heap. Better syntax, and fluidic code. Granted it is quite verbose when compared to C/C++/C# but I find that to be a strength rather than a fault.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!