The nominees for the first (annual?) Niney Awards have been announced. The Nineys are an award which recognizes those who have had the greatest impact on the technical/developer community over the past year. Winners are selected by you, the technical/developer community.
The winners will be announced at the MIX11 conference in April. But before they can announce winners, they need to collect votes.
That's where you come in.
Cast your vote online in the following categories:
- Favorite Channel 9 Show (video) of 2010
- Favorite Channel 9 Series (video) of 2010
- Favorite Community Show (video) of 2010
- Favorite Twitter User of 2010
- Most Helpful Niner of 2010
- Channel 9 Video of the Year for 2010
- Favorite New Microsoft Technology or Product for 2010
- Favorite CodePlex Project of 2010
- Favorite Microsoft Blogger of 2010
- Favorite Blog About Microsoft of 2010
- Favorite Audio Podcast of 2010
- Favorite Web Site Design of 2010
Now, it so happens that among the nominees is an author of a somewhat unsucessful book on programming (not to be confused with an author of several successful books on programming and a to-be-published novel) but please don't let that distract you from voting for whoever you feel best deserves to win.