Recently, we released Arduino Extension for Visual Studio Code. It brings modern code editing experience to the beloved Arduino platform. Here’s what’s inside:
- IntelliSense and syntax highlighting for Arduino sketches
- Verify and upload your sketches in Visual Studio Code
- Built-in board and library manager
- Built-in example list
- Built-in serial monitor
- Snippets for sketches
- Automatic Arduino project scaffolding
- Command Palette (F1) integration of frequently used commands (e.g. Verify, Upload…)
Technically, the extension was built on top of the Arduino IDE, so you get exactly the same build results of using the original IDE.
The extension is now in preview stage and we are eager to hear from you. We’ll be answering questions in this gitter chat room.