Do you want to be a developer on the TFS team, solve challenging problems, and break new ground in ALM? Then join the TFS development team in Redmond, WA.
You’ll notice that we mention cloud computing with Azure below. If you saw the PDC keynote demos this year, you saw some early work on getting TFS running on Azure. If you missed it, go to the 2:09:50 mark of the “PDC10 keynotes with Steve Ballmer and Bob Muglia” recording on the PDC10 site to see Brian Harry demo TFS on Azure (Brian also wrote a blog post about TFS on Azure). We’re working on great new features with some very exciting technology.
Did you know that 30% of all software projects are cancelled, nearly half come in over budget, 60% are considered failures by the organizations that initiated them, and nine out of ten come in late? Join us to help change the industry!
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server is the industry leader in application lifecycle management (ALM) tools – helping software teams build better software faster. TFS provides project management, version control, build, and ALM analytics. We are building our services in the cloud using Windows and SQL Azure platforms and making TFS available 24x7 over the internet.
We have an opening for a talented and highly motivated software developer with a passion for algorithms and client/server software. You will design and implement key features for TFS. The position will require you to have or gain extensive knowledge of one or more of these technologies: WPF, ASP.NET, Visual Studio Industry Partner (VSIP) API, Web Services, WinForms, C#, and the .NET Framework. We’re looking for a candidate who seeks big challenges as part of a strong team and can mix great collaboration skills with an ability to work independently and deliver well thought out solutions to tough problems.
If you enjoy solving tough problems and being part of a great team that’s making software development better, join TFS!
- Design and implement highly scalable, high performance work item tracking features.
- Deliver state-of-the-art solutions for work breakdown and management with focus on delivering exceptional user experience.
- Participate in prioritization activities by identifying technical issues early and throughout the end-to-end software development lifecycle
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- 2 - 4 years of commercial software development experience
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong coding and debugging skills
- Excellent UI design skills
- Good understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms
- A proven track record of shipping quality software
- Capable of working independently and within a team
- Passion for engineering excellence, learning and advancement
- Sound understanding of multi-tiered system architecture
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies is a big plus
We also have openings for program managers and testers.