Since I’ve started using Outlook 2007 to manage my RSS feeds, I’ve wanted to have all of the posts show up in a folder, much like new mail shows in up the inbox. I don’t like have to scroll through the list of folders and visit each one containing an unread post. It’s just too tedious unless you have only a couple of feeds that you read. So, I finally set up an Outlook Search Folder to give me the folder view I’ve wanted.
Here’s what I did.
- Right click on Search Folders, and choose New Search Folder.
- Choose Create a custom Search Folder and click the Choose button
- Give it a name and then click the Criteria button
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click the Field drop down button, select Frequently-used fields, and click on RSS Feed
- Set the Condition to be “is not empty” and click the Add to List button
- Click the Field drop down button, select All Mail fields, and click on In Folder
- Set the Condition to be “doesn’t contain,” enter “deleted” as the Value (without the quotation marks), and click the Add to List button
- Hit OK on all of the dialogs
- Sort the new search folder by Received, or however you like to see your items sorted
- Drag your new search folder up to the Favorite Folders list to make it convenient