The Visual Studio 4.0 SDK was released today. Here's the announcement.
On behalf of the VS Tools Ecosystem team, we are pleased to announce that after months of hard work, we have completed shipping the VS SDK 4.0 RTM release! We have done tons of work to make this release friendly to developers who are new to Visual Studio extensibility. It is available for immediate download on the Microsoft Download Center.
We are excited to present some of the new features included in this release:
- VS SDK Browser – the new entry-point to the entire SDK; includes new QuickStart Tutorials and a completely revamped sample browsing experience
- Package Load Analyzer – allows developers to easily debug package load failures
- Toolbox Installer redistributable package – allows component vendors that simplifies deployment, along with sample
- TFS Contents – new and updated TFS samples and documentation
- Sandcastle – new set of tools for generating managed class library documentation (Sandcastle)
- Updated Setup experience
- And much more!
Here's what's new in it for TFS in particular.
Team Foundation Server Extensibility
- New Work Item Custom Control API Sample and Help Documentation
- Demonstrates how to use the Work Item Custom Control APIs introduced in Visual Studio 2005 SP1.
- New Version Control Merge History API Documentation
- Demonstrates how to use the enhanced QueryMergesWithDetails API introduced in Visual Studio 2005 SP1.
- Updated Team Explorer PcwTESample
- This sample can be found in VisualStudioTeamSystemIntegrationTeam Explorer and Project CreationPcwTESample.
- Fixed problems that prevented the sample from building.
- Updated Team Foundation Server Collectibles Sample
- This sample can be found in VisualStudioTeamSystemIntegrationTeam Foundation Core ServicesExtendingTeamFoundationSample.
- Re-written to use best practices.
- Updated ReadMe.doc to reflect new architecture.
- All Team Foundation Server Pubic Assemblies Updated to Visual Studio 2005 SP1
- These assemblies can be found in VisualStudioIntegrationCommonAssemblies.
- Updated Team Foundation Server BisSubscribe.exe Tool
- This tool was updated to the RTM version and can be found in VisualStudioTeamSystemIntegrationUtilitiesEventSubscriptionTool.
- The SDK version of this tool now provides unsubscribe capability.
- Added Visual Studio Team Explorer Package GUID’s, Menu ID’s and Group ID’s Header Files
- The newly provided header file contains the constants required for integrating with existing Team Explorer shortcut menus when you create Visual Studio Integration Package projects. The TFS_VC_IDs.h file can be found in VisualStudioTeamSystemIntegrationVersion Control and the TFS_WIT_IDs.h file can be found in VisualStudioTeamSystemIntegrationWork Item Tracking.