In addition to the MSBuild documentation on MSDN and the MSBuild team blog, there is an MSBuild wiki on Channel9. I had seen it before, but forgotten about it until I saw it mentioned in one of Chris Sells' old blog posts (My First MsBuild Task).
Here's the current table of contents for the wiki.
- VS / MSBuild Integration
- MSBuild.exe Command Line
- Object Model
- Does Microsoft use MSBuild to build its own products?
- How to execute CS templates from MSBuild?
External Links and Resources Quick Start Tutorials
- Write a simple project
- Clean my Build
- Specify which Target to Build First
- Build All Files in a Directory
- Build All Files in a Directory Except One
- Build the Same Sources with Different Options
- Use Environment Variables in a Build
- Check whether an Environment Variable has been set
- Build a Project with Resources
- Build Incrementally
- Use the Same Target in Multiple Project Files
- Tell MSBuild to Ignore Errors in Tasks
- Extend MSBuild with a New Task
- Build a Set of Dependant Projects
- Run a Custom Tool From my Project
- Specify Several Build Options on the Command Line
- Use Reserved XML Characters in Project Files
- Display an Item List Separated with Commas
- Convert an Item List into a scalar string
- Reference the Name or Location of the Project File in the Project File
- How do I do a recursive copy?
- Batching Examples
MSBuild Specifications MSBuild Community Wish List