The last time I wrote about the VPC for beta 3, it didn’t make up to MSDN like it was supposed to. Well, a beta 3 VPC is available now, and a beta 3 refresh VPC will be available as soon as it makes its way through the infrastructure (yeah, I know, trust me at your own risk).
The beta 3 VPC is under Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio 2005 Team System Release Candidate -> Visual Studio 2005 Team System Release Candidate VPC (English). The description is copied below.
Thank you for evaluating Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite RC and Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 3. This self-extracting VPC is provided as-is, as governed by the terms of the included EULA.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite RC
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 3
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package RC
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Community Technology Preview
- Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Edition
This VPC has been prepared with a sample demo. To access the demo files, open the solution (.sln) file located in the C:AdventureWorksDemo folder. The sample code is intended to demonstrate features of Visual Studio Team System, and therefore may exhibit poor coding conventions, security vulnerabilites, etc. The AdventureWorks application should not, and may not, be used in any form for production applications.
Recommended System Requirements
- PC with 2.0 gigahertz or faster processor
- 1.5 GB RAM minimum
- 10 GB available hard disk space
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher video
- DVD-ROM drive
- Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 software
NOTE: For best performance, the VPC should be extracted to a second high-speed hard drive.