IT governance is top of mind for many CIOs and the lack thereof is slowing down digital transformation. Watch the latest Azure Gov DC Meetup, IT Governance for Cloud – Gov Best Practices, for insights and strategies needed for an effective cloud migration. Highlights include:
- Former White House CIO, Karen Britton, discussing the importance of cloud readiness and evaluating all options when making the move to the cloud.
- John Peluso, CTO, AvePoint reviewing recent National Archives and Records Administration announcements and guidelines regarding electronic records management. Did you know that by 2022, NARA will no longer accept transfers of temporary or permanent records in non-electronic form?
Check out the presentations on the Azure Gov DC Meetup YouTube channel’s IT Governance for Cloud – Gov Best Practices playlist or view them individually:
|Segment 1: Welcome & Introductions – Karina Homme, Senior Director, Microsoft Azure Government and Vishwas Lele, CTO, Applied Information Sciences|
|Segment 2: What CIOs need to know about governance, integration and delivery of cloud computing – Karen Britton, Director, Advisory Services, LMI and former White House CIO|
|Segment 3: Records Management for US Public Sector – John Peluso, CTO, AvePoint Public Sector|
|Segment 4: Azure Governance at Scale – Kent Cunningham, CTO, US Civilian, Microsoft|
For more information on IT governance for cloud, here are some additional resources:
• Governance in Azure
• Managing and connecting to your subscription in Azure Government
• Azure policy for enterprise cloud control and compliance, sample repositories
• Azure DevOps Secure Toolkit
• Request an Azure Government trial
We’re looking forward to our next Azure Gov Meetup – please RSVP to join us!
Future of Gov Security – Automated ATOs, Revamped TIC and Beyond
When: Wednesday, Aug. 29, 6 – 8:15 p.m.
Location: 1776 in Crystal City, Virginia
***Note venue change: Due to construction at our usual 1776 DC location, the August Meetup will be in 1776’s Crystal City location.***
If you are unable to join us in person, you can watch via livestream starting at 6:35 p.m. EDT at aka.ms/azuregovmeetuplive.