HCK QFE 11 for Windows 8.1 now available

For information about QFE updates, see Windows Hardware Certification Kit QFE Updates.

To get the latest QFEs for the Windows HCK, run HCKSetup.exe. The Windows HCK download includes all previous QFE updates.

Learn what’s in the QFE

Download and install HCK to get the QFE

Download the QFE now

Note: Before applying the QFE, close all active HCK Studio sessions. Applying this QFE might affect in-progress submissions, so please complete any submissions before applying the QFE. After installing this QFE, you’ll need to regenerate any affected submission that was generated before the QFE was installed.

1. muta22 says:

I have download the QFE11 and try to install but encounter the error today.

The error message is below:

"Some features already installed on this computer are missing from the download setup package.

Download the following features before retrying setup on this computer: OptionId.Netfx"

I didn't see such problem if install QFE10.

I guess the package of QFE11 isn't  completed, because i can't find the "Redistributable" folder in that.

Would you help to check the package of QFE11 and try to install? Thanks.

2. muta22 says:

Hi Brain,

Thanks for your response.

I change the ISP and re-download it, the QFE 11 package is completed that include "Redistributable" folder.

And the installation of QFE 11 package is OK.

3. [DP WLK - Hot-Add - Device Test - Verify driver support for Hot-Add CPU] Failed says:

[DP WLK – Hot-Add – Device Test – Verify driver support for Hot-Add CPU]

This test can't pass in QFE010 and QFE011. But it used to be pass in QFE007.

According to help, I have checked devices of PC, that are all normal status.

So, i have no idea what should i do this test can be passed.

Thanks!

4. viggi says:

[DP WLK – Hot-Add – Device Test – Verify driver support for Hot-Add CPU] Failed

even i am facing the same issue….:(

if any 1 sort out this please reply back:(

5. happy says:

yes [DP WLK – Hot-Add – Device Test – Verify driver support for Hot-Add CPU] fails on my rig as well.

6. gregos says:

Does HCK work for IFS Minifilter drivers on Windows 8.1? HCK studio fails to find them using a Server 2012 controller and a Server 2012R2 test machine. Thanks.

7. Parth says:

Hi, I am using HCK API for Windows 8.1 on Windows Server 2012.

I want some help how to use some class. Anyone help me?

Like: msdn.microsoft.com/…/jj124403.aspx

Particularly, How to extract log files from package. I already created PackageManager Class Instance. But there is no method to extract log files.

8. SD_Logic says:

If you still have QFE 7 or 9 somewhere, go to : C:Program Files (x86)Windows Kits8.1Hardware Certification KitTestsamd64NTTESTBASETESTpnppnpcpu and copy all files (there are two files is incorrect for QFE11)

And copy to same places at QFE 11: C:Program Files (x86)Windows Kits8.1Hardware Certification KitTestsamd64NTTESTBASETESTpnppnpcpu

Rerun the test, it will pass or if you don't QFE 7 or 9 anymore, you can contact MSFT, they will send you the files, I've it with me if you need I can send to you.

9. Gunwalder says:

I would love a copy of those files.  I don't have older QFE's and I am having the same issues.

gunwalder@gmail.com

Thanks.

10. viggi says:

@GUNWalder – not even older controllers?

11. sb says:

Is there a 64 bit version of HCK API? I have an application that talks to an HSM. The HSM cryptographic provider is 64 bit. As a result, we have to compile the application also as a 64 bit exe. The libraries in E:Program Files (x86)Windows Kits8.1Hardware Certification KitStudio are 32 bit.

Skip to main content