Over the past few weeks Microsoft has released a ton of resources to help administrators and end-users get started with Visio Services. This article summarizes all the online resources for Visio Services in one place.
Visio Services is a new feature in SharePoint 2010 that allows you to view and share dynamic, data driven diagrams. For a quick refresher on Visio Services, see this blog post.
To help administrators setup and configure Visio Services, we’ve put up a set of instructional videos that will guide you through various setup and configuration tasks. The videos cover basic setup, as well as how to configure Visio Services to connect to external data sources.
The second and third videos below also show you how to create a data connected diagram in Visio 2010.
Note: these videos are .WMV files, so you can click them to stream them, or right click and choose to save them locally.
Visio 2010 Add-In For SCOM
In a previous blog post we talked about the Visio 2010 add-in for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 . For step by step instructions on how to set this up, check out this new article on TechNet:
There is tons of documentation available to help you with anything related to Visio Services. Here’s a roundup of it all:
Visio Services Setup, Configuration, and Planning:
- Visio Services Planning Topics
- Visio Services Operations Topics
- Visio Services Security
- Visio Services 2010 performance and capacity planning white paper
- Monitoring SharePoint Server by using Visio Services and System Center Operations Manager
Visio Services Development
- Creating a Custom Data Provider with Visio Services
- Visio Services Class Library
- Visio 2010: Software Development Kit
Using External Data with Visio Services
- Data authentication for Visio Services
- Configuring Kerberos Authentication for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products and Technologies:
Visio Insights Blog posts
- Introducing Visio Services
- Publishing Diagrams to Visio Services
- Embedding a Web Drawing in a SharePoint Page
- Installing and Configuring Visio Services
- SharePoint Workflow Authoring in Visio Premium 2010 (Part 1)
- SharePoint Workflow Authoring in Visio Premium 2010 (Part 2)
- No Code Mashups with Visio Services and Web Part Connections
- Visio 2010 add-in for System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
As always, let us know if you have any feedback on Visio 2010, Visio Services, or suggestions for blog posts you would like to see.