Visio 2010 SDK Developer Documentation
The Visio team is pleased to announce that the online version of the Visio 2010 SDK documentation is now available here. This documentation, which also shipped with the Visio SDK download, is intended to help developers working with the Visio APIs, ShapeSheet and XML. It contains the following Visio developer references.
- Automation Reference: Provides an overview of Automation in Visio. It includes information about the Visio Object Model, the Visio type library, and extending the functionality of Visio by using macros, add-ons, and COM (Component Object Model) add-ins. A sample Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro is also provided. This reference provides details on Visio objects, properties, methods, and events.
- Save as Web Reference: Provides an overview of using the Save as Web API with Visio 2010. Details about the Save as Web methods, objects, enums, and properties are provided. The reference also provides a Microsoft Visual Basic example of using the Save as Web Object Model.
- ShapeSheet Reference: Provides an overview of the ShapeSheet spreadsheet in Visio. The reference includes information about working with formulas, strings, date and time values, units of measure, and information about common ShapeSheet tasks, such as adding and deleting ShapeSheet sections and referencing cells from formulas. It also includes details about each section, row, and cell in a ShapeSheet, and details about ShapeSheet functions.
- Viewer Reference: Provides an overview of the API for Microsoft Visio 2010 Viewer, which is an ActiveX control that lets you open, view, or print Visio drawings, even if you do not have Visio 2010.
- XML Schema Reference: Provides an overview of XML for Visio. Detailed information is provided for the XML for Visio schema, inheritance, working with sheets and formulas, geometry, text, loading XML files created outside Visio, round-tripping XML data, embedding custom XML data, units of measure, and errors and warning messages.
Visio Services Developer Documentation in the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SDK
For Visio Services developers, documentation is available online as well as offline via the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 SDK. This documentation is divided into Visio Services in SharePoint Server overview articles and Visio Services Class Library technical information, and covers the following topics.
- Visio Custom Data Providers: Custom Data Providers permit you to programmatically refresh data derived from custom data sources in Visio 2010 Web drawings hosted on a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 site. The Microsoft SharePoint SDK contains an overview article as well as a detailed API member reference for the Microsoft.Office.Visio.Server namespace: these can be used together to build your own custom Visio Services data providers.
As always, we enjoy hearing your feedback about Visio, the Visio SDK and our documentation. Please feel free to post any questions or suggestions to our blog.