DXF, DWG & Visio

Hi Everyone,

Do you ever open, save or use AutoCAD files (DXF/DWG) with Visio? If so, the Visio product team would like to talk to you. Please contact us, and we’ll be in touch.

Visio Team

1. Daniel Hales says:

I am having trouble with these file types when using Visio 2003.

2. Tamara Hales says:

I am having trouble opening dwg files in Visio 2003.  Please contact me.

3. Visio Team says:

For those that want to talk with the Visio team about your Visio and CAD experiences, please click the Contact Us link in the post or click the E-mail link on the side of the blog.

4. Paul Gray says:

We have an 802.11 wireless planning tool written in C# which utilizes Visio Professional 2003 in the backend.  Our customers love it because it saves their WLAN plan as a native Visio file.  They also love the ability to import CAD files, but Visio 2003 does not support anything past CAD 2003.   This is a key feature of our product, but most CAD drawings are now saved in a later version.

Also would like to know about the Visio API limitations of only supporting .NET 1.1 and not .NET 2.0.  Is this going to be fixed in 2007?

5. valerie says:

Cannot convert a DWG file in Visio 2010. Is there something I am missing? What version of AutoCAD should the client be saving the file in?

Thank you!

6. Werner Hoogeveen says:

In the Visio 2010 help I find that it must be possible to export masters to serveral differrente file types. (Including DXF). I created a small program that exports a master from a stencil to BMP format. This works fine but I would like to know how to export to DXF format. (Just changing the file extension generates an error in VB)

7. Keith says:

Hi I am trying to save a Visio file into DWG so I can send it to someone using autocad, they cant see anything when they open the file. It seems to save fine.

Can you help???

8. Mark DeLancy says:

I have used Visio for last 10 years and I am at the point of changing to Auto CAD so I can take the DWG from the oil refinery and set it into Visio 2007 for Chemical Cleaning procedures.

9. Paul says: