The SQL Server 2016 RC0 will be out anytime soon. A preview for the SSIS community here
Below is the specific improvements we added for RC0:
- SSIS Hadoop connector now supports ORC format.
- SSIS SSDT multi-version support targeting SQL versions 2012, 2014 and 2016 (One Designer)
Below are some SSIS SSDT multi-version support Known issues for RC0:
- SQL 2016 Project connection manager UI is used when switching to 2014. Create project level connection manager in 2014, Switch target server version to sql server 2016, then switch back to SQL server 2014, the project connection manager UI is still using 2016 UI where it should have used 2014 UI.
- Script component doesn’t work after switching target server version if script fails to build.
- Debug in 64 bits mode in SSDT 2015 doesn’t work if target server version is set to SQL server 2012/2014.
- Script editor in VS2013 will crash when SSDT-BI 2013 and SSDT 2015 are installed on the same machine