Starting with this week's Insider Fast release (15.38.170822), we have a new look as well as improved functionality for Outlook's mail and meeting invite headers.
Why are we doing this?
We are re-designing our mail and meeting invite headers to improve readability, accessibility as well as feel more modern and at home on the Mac platform.
Here are some key highlights:
- Improved keyboard navigation support making it easier to navigate the header without a mouse
- Improvements to VoiceOver and tweaks to contrast ratios to improve readability
- Improvements to readability by presenting a view of recipients that is easier to read at a glance
- The addition of a Show Details button to reveal additional information on who's on To: and who's on Cc: should you so desire
To navigate the new headers with a keyboard you can use:
- Tab to move in-between the From and Recipient Fields
- Left And Right Arrow keys to move between recipients
- Shift-F10 To open the context menu on a selected recipient
- Space bar to select between Show and Hide Details, when the selection is on the Show or Hide Details Button
The new mail and meeting invite headers are available in Insider Fast starting this week and we’d love your feedback on what you like, what you dislike or if you find any issues.
- For any issues or if you have feedback on the new headers please use Help > Contact Support
- For entirely new feature requests, please use Help > Suggest a Feature
- The headers are still undergoing visual, functionality and accessibility tweaks - Feedback is welcome!
- The new headers are available for Outlook for Mac running on OS X El Capitan, MacOS Sierra and Above. Yosemite users will see the older style headers.