Here’s a look at the top fixes in this week’s Insider Fast update: 15.34 (170411):
First off, a new feature and a UI update based on Insider feedback (thanks for all the feedback!):
- We now support saving your email draft as a template for later use in Outlook. More details here
- We now show more bold and blue text for unread email in the message list. More details here
- Google accounts: We now provide new email notifications for Gmail
- Google accounts: Browser authentication, mentioned in last week’s post, is now rolled out to all Fast users
- Google accounts: When saving a calendar event, line breaks are now correctly preserved in the event body
- Read receipts: The two options for read/delivery are now nested under one “Request Receipts” item in Draft menu and Ribbon
- New sidebar: updated UI for folder unread count and icon for selected folder
- New sidebar: selecting a folder now places it in the queue for syncing, matching the behavior of the old sidebar
- Touch Bar: send button is now a popover, helping to safeguard against accidental sends
- When switching between mail and calendar, the scroll position of the selected email will no longer jump to the top of the list
- Selecting certain calendar folders in the sidebar no longer makes the app crash
Join Insider Fast today.
As usual, please use Help > Contact Support and Help > Suggest a Feature within Outlook, or comment below. Thanks!