Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is RTM. This means final build of the product has left the R&D team and will soon be general available. Today, you can already access MSDN documentation for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Developers.
My favorite features in AX 2012:
- Models – multiple solutions in the same layer.
- X++ code running as IL.
- New X++ editor.
- Table inheritance – just like for classes.
- Layer based managed code customization – bring your C# project into the AOT.
- Role based user interface – beautifully simple and simply beautiful.
- New security model – with 80 predefined roles.
- Online help server – allowing customized help contents.
I’m proud to have been a part of the extraordinary team building this extraordinary product, executing on a 3 year plan and delivering on time. Since you are reading my blog, I feel confident this product will have a positive impact on your professional life. Starting today!