A reminder: Today Polycom and Microsoft are hosting a webinar at lunchtime that will look at the practical side of creating a unified communications system.
From an education point of view, there’s two key reasons I keep coming across for buying unified communications systems:
- Save money – by switching off their PBX and the associated service contracts, they can save a lot of money
- Support different models of learning – allowing genuine anytime, anywhere learning with much more flexibility than conventional video conferencing based learning
Although the webinar isn’t specifically for education customers only, it’s a good opportunity find out more about the way Lync is used and how it integrates with your Outlook email and calendar, and to listen in to a case study (in this case, it’s Andrew Pritchett, the CIO of Griffith Hack talking about what they’ve done with Lync), and to hear from Mario D’Silva of Microsoft and Nick Hawkins of Polycom:
Join us on 28 March 2012 for a live webinar to learn how you can maximise your UC solutions for growth and productivity in your organisation. Real life applications and considerations for deploying UC networks will be covered by the keynote speakers to help you in your next stage of planning and implementation.
1. How Griffith Hack transformed their organisation into a true UC environment.
2. Key considerations in developing a scalable and robust network and increasing user adoption.
3. Creating the mobile, video-enabled organisation.
4. Unifying your voice, IM, audio, video, and web conferencing with NEW Polycom UC Solutions for Microsoft Lync for a seamless user experience.
Together, Polycom and Microsoft are transforming businesses around the world by driving increased teamwork and productivity, while reducing business costs through:
The webinar is running at 12PM Sydney/Melbourne time, 11AM Brisbane time, or 9AM Perth time.