We're proud to announce that all packages for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.3 were released December 1st, 2018 to the Microsoft Download Center and are available for download! Appropriate packages will appear on Microsoft Update shortly.
Note: The Updates documented in this blog update the Dynamics CRM/365 Customer Engagement components described in this Microsoft Knowledge base article:
Note the naming convention change! For more details, see the Dynamics CRM Product Group blog "New naming conventions for Microsoft Dynamics CRM updates"
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.3 Build number:
Here's the "Master" Microsoft Dynamics Knowledge Base article for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.3: (KB 4467675). Going forward, the plan is to continue publishing Master Knowledge Base articles for CRM Updates a bit in advance of release to aid planning.
The "Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365 Updates: Release Dates, Build Numbers, and Collateral" Page
For pointers to download locations, release dates, build information, and CRM Premier Field Engineering blogs and podcasts for all supported Microsoft Dynamics CRM Updates, Update Rollups, and Service Packs, visit the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365 Updates: Release Dates, Build Numbers, and Collateral" page.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.3 Prerequisites:
- Essentially the prerequisites listed in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Implementation Guide download or Online TechNet for the various CRM components serviced.
Fixes released via Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.3:
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics.
- Incremental system-wide performance improvements have been made in this update.
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- In entitlements with empty Remaining Terms and Remaining Terms values, the Remaining Terms failed to update when saved.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Emails auto-promoted unintentionally when some users received an email with a queue that was set to promote all incoming email.
- In a case, users could not use the "Similar Cases" field when the field was already used more than once and the second occurrence of the field was then selected.
- Tasks were being automatically deleted or completed without manual intervention.
- Users could not rename the "Case" button label.
- SLAs created on non-working days (such as weekends and holidays) started immediately instead of not considering the non-working time.
- Alert page would not load in users' mailboxes.
- The ribbon menu was displaying even when the appointment was set to "Read-only" status.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- An error occurred when attempting to show Activity Feeds.
- An error occurred when attempting to send emails with attachments.
- An error occurred when selecting the "Remove Selected Subject" button.