Project 2016 Preview

*** Update 5/22 – to clarify the language availability the list below is if you DO have an existing Office 365 subscription – then you will be able to get these languages.  The links below for direct Project and Visio downloads are for English US. Searching for your own language Office 2016 Preview pages might get you more info.  I will try and find if other languages will have the direct links ***

This morning the preview for Project 2016 and Visio 2016 was announced, along with the rest of Office 2016 – https://products.office.com/en-us/office-2016-preview.

image

For many of you the interesting bit may be in the FAQ:

• What languages are supported in the Project 2016 Preview and Visio 2016 Preview? *** 5/22/2015 (As noted in the update above – these languages apply if you have an Office 365 subscription already) ***

The Project 2016 Preview and Visio 2016 Preview are available in English, Arabic, Brazilian (Portuguese), Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.

• I do not have a Project Pro for Office 365 subscription, how do I install the trial version of Project 2016 Preview? *** 5/22/2015 (As noted in the update above – these are US English links only) ***

You can download a trial version of Project 2016 Preview from the list of choices below.

Use the product key provided below to activate your trial.

Product key for the Project 2016 Preview

N46MP-733KG-T8MR9-VV9JX-HCFG4

Download links

Project 32 bit (Recommended)

Project 64 bit

• I do not have a Visio Pro for Office 365 subscription, how do I install the trial version of Visio 2016 Preview?

You can download a trial version of Visio 2016 Preview from the list of choices below.

Use the product key provided below to activate your trial.

Product key for the Visio 2016 Preview

W9WC2-JN9W2-H4CBV-24QR7-M4HB8

Download links

Visio 32 bit (Recommended)

Visio 64 bit

And before anyone asks – no, I don’t have a date for any preview of the new Project Server 2016.

1. Congratulations 🙂

2. Altieris Vieira Souza says:

You Have Project 2016 Preview Pt-Br?

3. Hi Altieris, I made some notes in the blog post about the other available languages – not sure if support.office.com/…/Saiba-mais-Office-2016-Preview-para-uso-dom%c3%a9stico-9fef3ce2-3777-4a2a-8c46-951e4222743a will help.

Best regards,

Brian.

4. Alph says:

Do you need to uninstall 2013 versions before trying 2016 version?

5. From the FAQ Alph:

Can I use the Office 2016 Preview side by side with Office 2013?

No. You must uninstall Office 2013 before you can install the Office 2016 Preview.

Best regards,

Brian.

6. Khurram says:

Info: Unlike Office 2016 preview requirement of uninstalling office 2013 prior to install Office 2016. I have installed Project 2016 preview version side by my Project 2013 version.

7. Bob L says:

I hit a big snag with 2016 project preview trial on my home PC. It did something funny to my Office 2013 install. It clobbered it.

I restored from a restore point. No luck.

I was on the phone for 45 minutes with Microsoft support.

But joy and bliss have been restored.

Maybe I'll try for the 2013 project trial

8. paulallensmith@aol.com says:

how do I get project 2016 I'm subscribed

win 10 knocked it off my computer

9. Rosaldo Nocera says:

Do you know the limitations of MS-Project 2016?

How many tasks?

How many resources per project?

How many predecessors by task?

And etc.?

Thank you.

10. Paul – you reinstall from the same place you originally installed according to how you subscribed to Project 2016.

Rosalso – no change from 2013 – see support.office.com/…/Specifications-for-Microsoft-Project-71E29E86-28DD-4582-A578-6506C5CC603A for specification.  As mentioned "The following specifications are supported for Project 2013 and Project 2016, although actual limits and performance speed depend on your computer's configuration."

11. StewartG says:

Why on earth would PROJECT 2016 not be compatible with older versions of office!!! it doesnt need to integrate with word, or excel!!!! forcing a complete new office2016 install is commercialism and greed, I am happy with my office setup – i don't want to change it.

12. Stewart, If you have purchased or subscribed to Project 2016 and it isn't capable of working with your current version of Office then I suggest you open a support call and our engineers will hopefully be able to overcome the issues.  There are some very valid reasons the Office setup team chose to block certain combinations in this release related to stability when users do choose to have different versions together (and we respect your choice) – and there are also some supportable combinations too.

Best regards,

Brian

13. Abduallah says:

After downloading project Professional 2016 (two times), I started setting it up. I found it was a Visio 2016 rather than project!

Is there anyone who experienced this problem?

Whom can I reach to sort ot out?

Rgds

14. Hi Abduallah, it really depends where you downloaded it from – either on the page of the download, or in any e-mail you may have been sent for your purchase/subscription there should be a means to contact us – or whoever you purchased from

Best regards,

Brian

15. Naurej says:

Please provide me download link of MS Project 2016 for Mac. . Also the serial number of it. thanks

1. Hi Naurej, sorry – but there isn’t a version of Project 2016 for the Mac. You can of course use one of the PC virtualization options. http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/05/21/project-online-how-do-i-use-my-apple-mac.aspx
      Best regards,
      Brian

16. Mark says:

i have downloaded and installed Project Pro 2016 from the MSDN and installed it, it does not run, i installed side by side with 2013. i am running Windows 10. is there a trick to get it to run?

1. Are you still having issues Mark? Shouldn’t be a problem.
      Best regards,