For those who haven’t found Doug McCutcheon’s blog yet here is some breaking news on new ways for our partners in the EPM community to post and market their solutions. Also of great interest to our customers I am sure – on where they can go looking for solutions! News from Doug is:
Office System Solutions Directory Migration to Partner Solution Profiler
- Increase Your Visibility to Customers with Partner Solution Profiler
- Drive awareness of your business solutions.
Customers find partner solutions on the following Microsoft sites:
- Microsoft Communications Sector Directory
- Microsoft Dynamics website
- Microsoft People-Ready campaign
- Solution Finder website
- Windows Marketplace
- Public Sector Partner Solution MarketPlace
This also applies to all partners who currently use EPMCONNECT.
The Office System Solutions Directory (OSSD) will be retired on July 1, 2009. The last day for updating profiles in OSSD is June 26, 2009. After OSSD is retired, to simplify and streamline the solution profiling experience, the Microsoft Partner Program will require that all solution profiles be created and managed in Partner Solution Profiler.
If you have questions about the retirement of OSSD, download the OSSD Transition FAQ.
Increase your visibility by including your solutions on customer-facing sites and directories worldwide. How? By creating or updating your profile in the Partner Solution Profiler.
As an Information Worker Solutions or Unified Communications Solutions partner, you gain access to a variety of directories, when you create a solution profile in Partner Solution Profiler by following these steps:
- For general profile information, download the Partner Solution Profiler Completion Guide about creating a successful, effective solution profile.
- On Tab 2, Solution Overview, in the Products section, select the Office products that your solution uses. Click the Solution Built on Office/MOSS system check box and complete the Office system specific fields.
- On Tab 6, Preview and Publish, click Publish.
If You Have an Existing Profile in Partner Solution Profiler
If you do not see your profile in the Partner Solution Profiler, go to the Partner Membership Center to review your consent and organizational profile. You must provide your consent for your profile to appear in Microsoft partner directories.
If you have other directory-related questions or issues, contact your Regional Service Center.