If your app uses the Azure Active Directory Authentication Library (ADAL) for iOS Experimental (version <= 3.0.0-pre6) for Azure AD B2C, read this important announcement. Based on our telemetry, this is a small % of apps using Azure AD B2C today. We have emailed these app owner directly. If you haven’t received any emails from us, you aren’t likely impacted by this issue.
The ADAL library enables users to sign in to your iOS app, which is secured by Azure AD B2C. You need to update your app to a newer version of the ADAL library for it to continue to work on iOS 10. Details are below.
Versions of ADAL iOS Experimental library (<= 3.0.0-pre6) will fail interactive login on iOS 10. Users will not be able to sign in after their current sign-in expires. If a user is already signed in to your app it will continue to work temporarily, but the next time they need to sign in they will experience this issue.
iOS 10 was released on September 13th, 2016.
Action required: If you are using ADAL iOS versions <= 3.0.0-pre6 you need to immediately upgrade your app to the latest version of our library. Once you’ve updated your libraries to the latest version your app will continue to work on iOS 10, with no further code changes.
Instructions on how to update your app:
- Download the latest library code from GitHub using the tag ‘3.0.0-pre7’.
- In your XCode 8 or higher project, Click File -> Add Files.
- In the Finder that appears, navigate to where you downloaded the ADAL source. Go to the ADAL folder, and select `ADAL.xcodeproj` and click Add.
- You’ll see you have another Project in your Project list to the left called `ADAL.xcodeproj`.
- Under “Linked Frameworks and Libraries” in your app’s General project settings, ensure ADALiOS.a is listed and not in red color font. Red color font means XCode can’t find the library and you need to update the location by removing the entry and adding it again.
- If it isn’t there or in red color, press the “+” icon. You should see ADALiOS.a in your available libraries. Select it and click OK.
- Compile and test your app.
If you are still facing any issues, please file a support ticket. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
– Swaroop K