Microsoft's vision for Management Reporter (MR) continues to mature as a powerful Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution with greater stability and rich functionality enhancements for Dynamics AX 2012 . This new CU release is a testament that the Product Group for MR is listening and remains sensitive to our customer's domestic and international Financial Statement (real-time) reporting needs/requirements by offering a solution that provides:
- Enhanced flexibility in designing financial reports.
- Effective and efficient collaboration with co-workers, auditors and others during the report design, distribution and viewing processes.
- An interactive report viewing experience to help drive efficient/effective decisions from the report data being delivered.
- Deeper interoperability with Dynamics® AX 2012, including data drill-down capabilities back into Dynamics® AX 2012 directly.
Here is a summary of the new Management Reporter 2012 CU8 features:
- Dynamic calculated column headers…no more hard coding of Months within the column definition (this feature received 55 votes on Microsoft Connect, thanks for continuing to submit product suggestions).
- Ability to create a side by side balance sheet by using a section break option in row definition (this feature received 65 votes on Microsoft Connect).
- Additional attributes added for Dynamics AX integration to support country specific localizations.
- Triangle symbol to indicate negative balances; needed for specific geographies but available for all.
- Option to include line numbers on generated reports.
- Translation support for XBRL configuration.
- Ability to set all columns in definition to Autofit by default.
- Collection of Excel formatting improvements (this feature received 50 votes on Microsoft Connect).
- Additional stability fixes for product defects.
- Currency Translation Adjustment: Comparing P&L accounts at the average and month end rates (Use the URL below to see more details and video): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dynamics_financial_reporting/archive/2014/02/17/currency-translation-adjustment-comparing-p-amp-l-accounts-at-the-average-and-month-end-rates.aspx
**Also review the following white paper for Financial Consolidations and Currency Translation: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41645
Management Reporter 2012 CU8 (2.1.8001.0) known issues:
KB 1033123 – “Record level exception” error may occur for many/all Fact transactions during DDM integration
The download of Management Reporter 2012 CU8 can be found by leveraging the following links below:
If you have any question with regards to ERP versions supported by this release, please review the compatibility list here.