We've confirmed that all systems are back to normal with no customer impact as of 12/21, 07:56 AM UTC. Our logs show the incident started on 12/20, 12:00 AM UTC and that during 32 hours that it took to resolve the issue customers who have not enabled Service Profiler Flight would have experienced navigational issue in Performance Blade.
- Root Cause: The issue was due to bug in the dependent UX code and we have rolled out fix to mitigate the same.
- Lessons Learned: : We are working on adding additional telemetry and improvements in the service from the learning’s we took from the incident.
- Incident Timeline: 31 Hours & 56 minutes - 12/20 12:00 AM UTC through 12/21, 07:56 UTC
We understand that customers rely on Application Insights as a critical service and apologise for any impact this incident caused.
We continue to work on mitigating ongoing issue within Application Insights. Customers who have not enabled Service Profiler flight will continue to experience navigational problem for Performance blade in Application Insights. We have identfied the fix needed and currently preparing for the same.
- Work Around: None
- Next Update: Before 12/21 08:00 UTC
We are working hard to resolve this issue and apologise for any inconvenience.
We are aware of issues within Application Insights and are actively investigating. Some customers may experience Data Access Issue in Azure Portal . The following data types are affected: Metric,Page Load,Page View,Performance Counter,Request,Trace.
- Work Around: none
- Next Update: Before 12/21 05:30 UTC
We are working hard to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience.