The Azure Cost Estimator has been designed keeping in mind the need to provide the IT manager of next generation organizations the ability to quickly assess running cost of the existing on-premises workload on Azure.
- The tool provides real world machine hardware usage
- It recommends appropriate Azure instance to match the scanned workload
- It also generates 31-day cost estimates of running such an Azure instance
- The tool supports
- Microsoft technologies (Hyper-V, SCVMM)
- VMware technologies (vCenter, ESXi)
- Physical environments (Windows, Linux)
- Support to A series, D-series and G-series Virtual Machines
- Support to all regions apart from US
- Price conversion in 24 currencies with the latest prices.
- It is able to export to Excel/.csv that can be used for discussions with Systems Integration partner or a Microsoft representative
- Create Cost Estimates and My Scenarios from the available Services
- Cost Estimates can be generated using Scan tool results
- Support for IP Range Feature in the Scan Your Environment Functionality
- Import and Export functionality in "Scenarios"
- Updated Sample Scenarios
- New services added in tool – Azure App, IP Address, Mobile Engagement, Application Insights, VPN Gateway, Key Vault, DNS
- No data is sent to Microsoft at any time. All report and profile information resides on the machine where the tool is installed
- Can be Installed and a profile scan completed within 15 minutes (can be deployed on a Windows client)
- Enables a comparison with on-premises running costs (e.g. hardware, power, cooling, building, security, and systems management among others)
About the tool