Join other iOS developers around the world at the FREE Windows Store app development training live stream for iOS developers hosted by Channel 9 and streamed by the Verge on Dec 13th and 14th. Watch the Big Nerd Ranch and Microsoft discuss the Windows platform, design differences between iOS and Windows 8, C# and C++ for Objective-C developers and other iOS experts talking about their experience with building Windows Store apps.
Register here: http://bit.ly/iOStoWindows8
• Introduction to the platform and the Windows Store
• Design differences between iOS and Windows 8
• Tooling: Visual Studio and Blend
• C# for Objective-C developers
• Asynchronous programming
• Consuming web services
• Intro to building Windows Store apps with XAML (controls, layout and styling)
• Advanced UI development with XAML (data binding, templates, and collections)
• Contracts and extensions
• Ask the Experts panel
• Process Lifecycle Management and State Management
• Notifications and Live tiles
• Bing Maps, SkyDrive, and Microsoft Account integration
• C++ for Objective-C developers
• Reusing code with Windows Phone
Any iOS developer will benefit from this training, but we will focus more on those apps that are not games. For this event, there will be no deep game/graphics coverage (no OpenGL ES and no DirectX deep-dives).
This event is brought to you by the Microsoft Developer Platform Evangelism group and is free of charge. Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel and accommodation.
Email your questions to email@example.com.