It’s easy! If your app is ready and you want to be among those developers who get to submit to the store early, simply attend one of the 100s of free Application Excellence Labs that DPE and Windows are holding around the world.
Follow these steps to get invited to an App Excellence lab:
- Create a really great Windows 8 Metro style app (or game) immediately. Get it as ready as if you were submitting to the store.
- If you know your local DPE evangelists (maybe because you attended a Windows camp training), get in touch with them and ask them to nominate your app for a lab.
- If you don’t know your local evangelist, then email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name
- City & country where you are located
- Brief description for your app (no binary, screenshot is optional, but only send if the screenshot is public, non-confidential stuff )
- Your pledge that you’ve spent at least 8 hours devouring all the great UX guidelines we have at the design section in the Windows Dev Center
- Wait for our response letting you know where the closest app excellence lab will be and how to get in touch with the right evangelist to nominate you.
For more detail, read Jaime Rodriguez’s blog post here “Wanted!! Great Windows 8 Metro style apps ”.
You can download Windows 8 Consumer Preview and developer tools and SDK here.