You can create, test and deploy Windows Azure applications with the following tools and Windows Azure subscription.
1. Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Web Developer 2010 Express (Free)
2. Windows Azure SDK (Free) The SDK comes with local Windows Azure compute and storage emulators
3. Windows Azure subscription (if you wan to deploy your app or service to the cloud). Choose one of the options below.
– Activate your MSDN subscriber benefit if you are a MSDN Professional, Premium or Ultimate subscriber;
– Sign up Windows Azure 90-day free trial.
– Sign up Windows Azure (pay as you go or a 6-month plan)
To find sample Windows Azure applications, download Windows Azure training kit.