Session 1: April 3rd REGISTER > April 3, 2012 | 11:00AM-12:30PM EDT
Fast Track Your First App
During this workshop, you’ll be exposed to the basics of creating a Windows Phone App and deploying to the Marketplace. As an attendee, you will be given some time during the session to use what you’ve learned to develop your own apps which access freely-available Public Sector data. The presenter along with resources from Microsoft and ComponentOne will be available to support you along the way.
Session 2: April 5th REGISTER >April 5, 2012 | 11:00AM-12:30PM EDT
Give Your App Some POP
Enhance the look and functionality of your existing Windows Phone app (or one created in the Fast Track Your First App session) by leveraging capabilities specific to the Windows Phone API and by using advanced UI controls. You’ll get a feel for Microsoft’s Expression Blend design tools too. As an attendee, you will be given some time during the session to use what you’ve learned in order to make improvements to your apps. The presenter along with resources from Microsoft and ComponentOne will be available to support you along the way.
You may have a chance to win a Nokia Lumia 800. See detail here.
Note: To get the most out of the two sessions, you can download and install the free Windows Phone dev tools beforehand.
- Download and install Windows Phone SDK (7.1) if you haven’t. If you don’t have Visual Studio 2010, installing the SDK will automatically install the free dev tool Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone. You can also manually download and install it here.
- Download and install Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 if you haven’t.
- Download and install Windows Phone SDK 7.1 update (7.1.1). With the update, you can now develop Windows Phone apps and games using the emulator on machines running Windows 8 Consumer Preview. Also, you can develop apps that work well on the new 256 MB devices. Prior to the update, only 512-MB version of Windows Phone Emulator was supported.
The Windows Phone SDK includes the following
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Emulator
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Assemblies
- Silverlight 4 SDK and DRT
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Extensions for XNA Game Studio 4.0
- Microsoft Expression Blend SDK for Windows Phone 7
- Microsoft Expression Blend SDK for Windows Phone OS 7.1
- WCF Data Services Client for Window Phone
- Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone
Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update includes the following
- New 256-MB version of Windows Phone Emulator
- Updated 512-MB version Windows Phone Emulator