The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) is a collection of tools that you can use to customize, assess, and deploy Windows operating systems (e. g. Windows 8) to new computers. By using these tools, you can help ensure that the hardware and software that you develop are responsive and high-quality. It is available for download here.
The Windows ADK includes the deployment tools that were previously released as part of the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) and the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK). Tools available in the Windows ADK include:
• Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT)
• Deployment Tools
• Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)
• User State Migration Tool (USMT)
• Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT)
• Windows Performance Toolkit (WPT)
• Windows Assessment Toolkit
• Windows Assessment Services
Installing the ADK (e. g. on a Windows 7 PC)
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 8 Beta, Windows Vista.
Assess Quality on One or More Computers